tirsdag 5. mai 2009

Time for a goodbye

My time in China is coming to an end. On Thursday I'm flying home to Oslo again. I must say this half year has passed extremely fast, even though (or perhaps because) so many things have happened during this half year. This week I'm finishing my tasks by handing over one of the projects to a new trainee, Yun, who arrived in the office yesterday. We have spent parts of the day going through all current and previous activities - I hope I didn't confuse her completely with too many details...! Tonight I will go out for farewell dinner with some of the colleagues I have worked more with.

Not only my time in China is coming to an end, but also my time as a trainee. After two very good and exciting years as a trainee in Elkem, it's time to go on and take up a new challenge - I'm starting as a business developer in what used to be Elkem Aluminium but is now Alcoa Norway. Because of this I will not blog any longer for Orkla-jobs, but don't worry, you'll see my fellow trainee colleague Cecilie (I promise, we have some guys in Elkem too...) taking over the keyboard soon.....

I would just like to take the opportunity to thank all the people who have assisted me in learning, developing & having fun during my trainee years - fellow trainees, mentors, colleagues, and of course our trainee coordinator Svein. Thank you all!!

And to you "outsiders/soon to be insiders; )" - thanks for reading the blog! Happy Orkla-job-hunting!= )